Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Happy first day of Summer!

Hello Friends!

I have a finish to share!  I decided to do the off season Project Quilting Challenge.  For June the theme is 'June Buggy'.  A little back story for this.  My uncle had a yellow VW beetle and I thought it would be fitting to try and make one.  I am trying to get better with my applique and I think the more I do it the better it gets.  Here it is:


 
I wanted to keep the quilting simple so I just quilted lines out to make it look almost like a sunbeam.  Let's talk about the flower.  During the Madison Modern Quilt Guild meeting, I won a door prize.  If you really know me, you know that I love to make yo-yos and I have a few plastic forms to make them.  Well, I chose this Kanzashi flower maker:


I thought it would be fitting to have a flower on the car.  I used my rainbow batik fabric to make it.  This device was so easy to use and the flower was very simple to make. 
 
This little quilt is 12 x 12 and was made in Verona WI.  Here is the link if you would like to join in the fun.  You have until June 30 for this challenge. Project Quilting-June Buggy
 
Big shout out to Kim for organizing such a fun challenge!
 
 
Blessings,
Amy

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute Amy!! And I love the flower - such a fun detail.

    ReplyDelete

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...