Saturday, January 13, 2018

Project Quilting 9.1

Hello Friends

Project Quilting started Sunday.  The theme this week is Hometown Proud.  I am from a small town in Wisconsin called Monticello.  We have a monument at our in town lake.  This is my inspiration:




I went right to my local quilt store and purchased some batiks.  I thought that would give my quilt some depth and texture.  Here is the finished quilt:

It measures about 12x19.
I used different techniques to make this quilt. There is applique and free motion quilting.  And the whole quilt is patchwork.  I cut all of my squares at 2 1/2.  The hardest part was cutting out the name.  I secured them with clear thread.
Here is another picture of the detail on the monument:

I am linking up to PQ 9.1.  Voting starts after 12 noon on Sunday.  Wish me luck!

Blessings 
Amy




6 comments:

  1. Wow - this is so cool!! How did you do the flag? Is it applique or stitched?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Izzy-thanks for stopping by. That flag is appliqued.

      Delete
  2. Great representation of the monument. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fantastic! The batiks were definitely the right choice and you did a great job with those tiny letters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. And a big thank you to you and Trish for doing this. I love the inspiration I find with everyone's quilts.

      Delete

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...