Thursday, January 25, 2018

Project Quilting 9.2

Hello Friends

Thank you for stopping by.  This weeks Project Quilting challenge was Triangulation.  I was motivated and drew up a pattern and was excited to get started.  As I fell asleep on Monday night it came to me that I should use my new Tomte pattern.  I just love little gnomes.  Probably because I am half Norwegian. I just love their pointy hats.  And bonus, they are triangular.  I decided to make a couple of the patterns.  If you love paper piecing as much as I do, you will love this pattern.  I was very intimidated by the very small pieces, but I am glad I stuck it out and kept going.  A little tip, have multiple pages printed in case you need to start over.  And here it is-my little Tomte village.


I only had a fat quarter of the snowflake fabric so I was concerned I would not have enough.  What is great about paper piecing these is that you can use up the smallest of scraps.  I even have a little of that fat quarter left.  This quilt measures 9 1/2 x 18.  Voting opens this weekend and I would appreciate your vote.

Blessings
Amy

5 comments:

  1. I love Tomte! When the challenge came out they were the first thing I thought of, but paperpiecing and I do not get along! LOL I am so glad you made this because I was really hoping someone would! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! You should really give paper piecing a try. Just shorten your stitch length so the papers tear easier. I love have crisp lines. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. So cute and such a creative way to meet the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Love how you did this!

    ReplyDelete

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...