Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Another finish

Hello Friends

My project quilting piece was almost late this week because I had to finish an important quilt.  My parents celebrate 50 years of marriage on 3/30 and we had a party for them on Saturday.  I decided to make them a quilt with pictures from their wedding.

Here is the finished quilt:
I asked for help on this one.  I had never printed on fabric before.  It was easy to do and I will be doing this again.  I used this printable fabric.  Just make sure you have fresh ink in your printer.  The wonderful people at Blue Bar Quilts and my friend Trish helped with fabric choices.  This quilt took 3 days to make.  I printed the photos and let them dry.  Then after 24 hours, you soak them in distilled water for 10 minutes.  Once they were dry I could start sewing.  I quilted this on my domestic sewing machine.  I am still learning how to free motion quilt but I have found that if I sew pretty fast, it looks pretty good.  I do practice on other fabric first.
Here is a picture of it hanging at the party:
 
This quilt made my mom cry so I think she liked it. 
I have a few other things to finish before I put away my fabric to help mom clean out her house.  My godchild is having a baby so there may be a diaper bag in my sewing future.
 
Do you like deadlines when sewing?  Or do you just like to create what you want when you want?
 
Blessings
Amy
 

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing present! The quilt is beautiful. I’m not crazy about having deadlines when I sew - I have enough of those at work! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Goals and random things

 Hello Friends Hope you are all doing well.  I am not sure anyone reads this anymore, but I am still going to use it to post my thoughts.  I...